Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Noteworthy Event

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to Windsor Creek Elementary and hang up hundreds of sticky notes with their kind messages down the halls. It was definitely a success and they looked adorable!










News has it that the kids loved seeing all the notes today, and we provided all the classrooms with sticky notes so each child could make their own note to hang up.


I am so grateful for the help I had in making the TONS of sticky notes, and I am hoping we can reuse some of the notes if we are to do another round with maybe Brooks Elementary.


Overall I feel like this was a very meaningful project...what I have learned most in this mental health unit is that children in particular need to be shown constant love and support to have an emotionally steady future. Being able to lift the spirits of these kids and encourage them to spread kindness was an awesome opportunity. I know from personal experience that the quotes and messages that you just hear randomly can really touch your heart and stick with you forever. If these positively affect the emotions of even one kid, then it is certainly worth it to me. For all I know, a kid could be suffering a lot and then come to school and get a smile out of one of the notes. Or it might create a realization in another child's mind that there are people out there who care for them. Either way, I am extremely happy with the outcome of the project and am looking forward to possibly seeing the notes that the students made.



No comments:

Post a Comment