Friday, May 5, 2017

Social Media Unit Final Project Commencement

The final unit of our year has begun, and thus we have commenced our unit project. My project is to be an extension of my environmental unit project, although we were given the option to use any topic studied this year. As you may remember, my environmental project was a rain/water turbine. The model took a lot of construction, as I have been working with various sources to assemble it. As it is, the model should be done today, and I will be writing an in-depth description on it very soon. Anyways, the rain turbine project has been much of a success for me and I would like to work further on it during this project.

Essentially I am going to be testing my rain turbine on its development of power. The goal is to apply a force using water, and to alter the time of interaction between the force and the blades. Using rotational kinematic equations I will find the power under different values of time, and analyze my findings. The original guidelines of the assignment was to develop a lab for others to follow, although I am instead going to write a formal scientific paper, which will be a new challenge for me. These papers involve pieces such as an abstract, discussion, theory, equipment, analysis, etc.. A further summary can be found here, which I actually wrote in my AP Physics class, but I find it applicable here. Along with these writing and testings, I will create a website complete with videos, resources, and my findings.

Hopefully this project will be a great learning experience and also successful for my water turbine. I am very excited to see what I find and what this means for my invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment